Delicious Homemade Recipes
Pavlova jars with jam coulis
It’s Australia Day. You want to enjoy some Down Under favourites, but you also want to make the most of your day off. Don’t spend your day stressing in the kitchen! Throw your pav in a jar, get out and enjoy!
1 packet of mini meringues or pavlova nests 1 cup whipping cream 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence summer fruits of your choice - try one of these combos: GREEN & GOLD: mango, passionfruit, kiwi and mint with Apricot jam drizzle COLOURS OF THE FLAG: blueberry, raspberry and Strawberry jam drizzle
- Choose your favourite jam. You can use raspberry, strawberry, or even apricot or fig.
- Pour jam and water into medium-sized saucepan over low-medium heat.
- Stir continuously until jam melts into smooth sauce (3 or 4 minutes).
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice and leave to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, whip cream with vanilla essence until thick.
- Layer meringue, cream and fruit in jar, and drizzle with jam coulis to taste.